Call of Duty Modern Warfare is one of the most popular video games available for PC and if you’re playing it on PC, there is a high chance that you have encountered a game error. One of the most common errors associated with Call of Duty Modern Warfare is the 6068 error. When most people see this message, they automatically assume that they will be unable to play the game and they uninstall the game immediately. Game errors are merely indicators that something is not right, and needs to be rectified for your game to work properly. With the 6068 errors, it may be that the game settings are too high for your PC and you may need to adjust them. Here are common ways to fix the Dev Error 6068 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare:
Run the game as Administrator
- Granting the game administrator privileges may help solve the problem, as it is a common fix for most game errors. You can do this by right-clicking on the game shortcut icon, and selecting run as administrator from the menu that appears. If this fix works, you may want to make sure the game always launches with administrative privileges each time, and you can do this by selecting properties from the pop-up menu after right-clicking the game’s shortcut icon, or the .exe file. Once the properties bar is displayed, you select the compatibility option and check the run as an administrator box. Once this is done, the game will run as administrator, each time you open it.
Also Read: Best Mod for Recluse in Destiny 2
Procedure to Fix Dev Error 6068 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- Firstly, you will have to disable your NVIDIA overlay, as well as any other overlay applications, as they may be holding up your dedicated video memory.
- Ensure that your Windows is the latest version, as this will ensure that you have all the necessary components for the game to function properly.
- Adjust the game window to borderless: This is done in the game setting and it reduces the game’s load on your video memory and CPU.
- Disable your RTX and XBOX game bars if they are active, to reduce the number of applications depleting your PC’s processing power.
- Adjust the game’s refresh rate: the refresh rate of the game may be higher than your PC is capable of supporting, but it can be altered to lower settings in the game’s setting.
- Set the game to high priority on your CPU: This setting is achieved through the task manager, under the details option. You right-click on the game and select the set priority option from the menu that pops up.
- Reduce the particles setting of the game in the settings
- Reduce the frames per second (fps) of the game: This option is achieved in the 3D settings, in the NVIDIA control panel. Select program settings, and locate the game, and adjust the vertical sync to “adaptive half refresh rate”. Once this is completed, the game will automatically be adjusted to 30 frames per second, which should be low enough to run on your PC without any errors.